Cumbria is an excellent county for bird watching: the Lake District, superb coasts and estuaries, woods and fast-flowing rivers, up to Pennine moors.
- 3 Dec 2023: Penrith – In tree in playing field opposite St Catherine’s School on Drovers Lane
- 3 Dec 2023: St Catherine’s School zPlaying field, Drovers Lane, Penrith
- 2 Dec 2023: Brampton
- 1 Dec 2023: Large Siddick pond
- 1 Dec 2023: Gretna Road Pond, Longtown
Ring-necked Duck – 1 female
- Here are some ideas on where to watch birds in Cumbria.
- Don’t forget to check the tide times and weather.
- Please report any sightings and send us photos
- Join the Birding Cumbria Google group and follow us on Twitter.
- We are working on a new county avifauna based on the BTO Bird Atlas survey.
- Please help out with any on-going surveys in the county.
- 13 December 2023. 19:15 – 20:30
Talk – John Callion: Comparative Studies of Stonechats and Pied Flycatcher
Tullie House Museum
- 27 January 2024. 10:00 – 12:30
Field visit – Farmland birds in winter with Frank Mawby & Martin Baird
Red Hall Farm